Wednesday, August 19, 2009

the big move… Friday, October 19, 2007

Reverend Dave and the Holy Movers… listen, I don't make this stuff up… that's their real name… were supposed to arrive at 7 am Friday. Reverend Dave called on Thursday at 5 and said they had to come at 6, that very night. That very night! My friends Dianne and June were there to help me. There was nothing for it but to move right then and there.

Reverend Dave and the Holy Movers arrived at 7:30 (not 6) and the show was on! Five men, all over 6 feet tall and good looking started shrink wrapping the furniture and schlepped it out to the big truck while Dianne, June and I packed the little stuff.

We left for the new place at 10:30 and by 1am Reverend Dave and the Holy Movers, Dianne and June were gone and I was left with a house full of furniture and other stuff everywhere. Everywhere!

George and Winifred had a quiet night tucked right next to me in bed. This morning they got busy exploring the place. Winnie has discovered another cat in the mirror on the closet door. It looks suspiciously like her but she doesn't know that! George, who I suspect has a touch of Kitty Alzheimer's, has spent most of the day asking, "Now exactly where did you put the litter boxes again?"

I found the coffee pot and made some coffee but I haven't seen hide nor bristle of my toothbrushes and I have 14 toothbrushes at all times! Ask anyone who knows me. I have found some clothes but I am not sure they are all mine. When did I buy that burgundy hoodie? Does anyone remember? And those black shoes? I like them but I have no idea where they came from.

The first thing I did was put the cloud Ashley painted for my birthday on the mantelpiece. It looks really good there. I hooked up the cd player and put on some Keely. She sounds good here. This may become home yet.

Tomorrow morning? The Alzheimer's Memory Walk! Maybe I'll wear that burgundy hoodie! I like it!

No comments: