Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Friday morning at Dead Poets Bookstore... June 29, 2007

lamentations was my morning song


Tarot said I have been towered
must begin again

what
begin again on a Friday?
never
takes too long

at the Dead Poets bookstore words leak from books
flow around corners
vortex
surely one will find me
untower me

old man
linen face under straw hat
explains freedom from disturbance of mind
trembling bone of a finger
holding book place
tomorrow he leaves for New Mexico mountains
cool air and his daughter

I smile

young girl
leaning against shelf
startles
what are those yellow flowers?
van Gogh sunflowers
remember them
they can see you

the owner Linda and I
talk little girls
hers in Poland
mine in Florida
Mary said and Lilia said…
and oh!
those funny baby girls
we laugh
grandmothers longing for miniature voices
huge lost moments of life

we remember our sons' long ago faces
hummingbird painted on the fence
in memory of Ian
Ronn looks good she says
I almost didn't know him
and I am so glad you are buying these books

her hugs are soul quickening
magickal elements
yellow square
silver crescent

untowered
soul redeemed
I leave Dead Poets bookstore
a set of Picasso books in a Bebe Sports bag

somewhere
a word found me

No comments: