Wednesday, August 19, 2009

... a conversation with you.. maybe...

well nuts
I didn't think it would be like this
the pathos you gave me
once described my kitchen walls in varied shades of green
some of the leaves are yellow now
some brown
I think it's too late for water

at dawn I lie huddled under
a new blanket
soft
warm
shades of blue
a confused sky

I have changed the sheets
to pale blue
the sheets with flowers
wanted me to be content

I wonder what kind of stones Aunt Emma put in her pockets when she walked into the water

were they plain ugly granite
and slag
or polished white rounds of quartz
shot through with pink
delicate and worthy
of her conveyance

you remember the stones in Aunt Emma's pockets
don't you?

am I what?

no
no

I was just considering the stones
in Aunt Emma's pockets

No comments: